Monday, October 08, 2007

Where does he come up with this stuff?

Judah is completely cracking me up today! He was just going potty, and I asked him my usual question, are you going poop or pee....you know, so I know what to expect. An he replies, "I'm going both. Both means I'm going pee and poop. Pee......CHECK! Poop......CHECK!" At this point I am laughing uncontrollably, where did he learn to make a verbal checklist?!?! He also knows how to take cues from my laughing, and often continues on with it. "Play with my toys......CHECK! Watch some toons.......CHECK!" He is destined to be a comedian. He just takes too much pleasure out of cracking people up!

Another silly thing today, he was watching Scooby Doo in an episode with Pirates, and I asked him what he would like for lunch. He looks at me with a wrinkled brow and one eye and says in a gruff piratey voice, "I want a pirate sandwich, with pirate honey and pirate peanut butter! Arrrrrrrrr!"

goofball.

We had a great weekend. Friday night Brent and I got to go out on a date, Cassie came over to babysit. But before she got here, Brent sent me out to get a pedicure! Oh how I love my pedicures. I'm pretty convinced that if I didn't periodically get them done, my legs would end in bloody stumps. It's all this warm sunny California weather....My name is Alicia, and I'm a flip flop addict.

After the pedi, and some lengthy bedtime instructions for Cassie, we headed out on out mystery date! Brent planned this date without any input from me. It was really fun to have no idea what we were going to do! He took me to Killarney's, a little Irish Pub in Temecula. They have insanely good Irish/comfort food and even better drinks. It was delicious! Brent had 3 bangers and mash, a Guinness--then an Irish car bomb, and I had Irish Potato Chowder in a bread boule with a dry apple cider.

Then we headed over to the cheap theater and saw The Simpsons Movie, that had somehow escaped us at the big theater. It was so funny! And way better than I expected, I think because some friends didn't like it, so I wasn't expecting to, but I loved it! All in all, we had a fantastic night!

Saturday included alot of bumming around, doing nothing. By about 11 am, I was sick of it, and got us all dressed and headed out to the dog park! Jäger had a wonderful time, and got rid of some pent up energy. After nap time, Brent and Judah cleaned up his work truck. I love that it was nice enough on an October afternoon to be out in the front yard in shorts and barefoot...





Sunday we had a baptism after church. It was so great to see how out church is growing, and to see some of our new friends get baptized together. Ron and Danyell have started coming to our iGroup the past month, and they got baptized on Sunday with their oldest son. It was very exciting!

All in all, a wonderful family weekend!

And just because I love him so much, a couple new pictures of Jäger!

5 comments:

Sage said...

Wow, I'm with you, where does this kid come up with all that stuff? He must have some pretty weird parents :) Seriously, I love when you tell us all the funny things Jude says, it's always hilarious.

Yay for the pedicure and surprise date night. That is so sweet of Brent to do!

Kelly said...

Those conversations could've happened at our house! It sounds just like Garrett. That is so funny! Don't you love having a funny boy?
Way to go Brent! How cool of him to do that for you!
Thanks for sharing a little about your church! It's exciting to hear what God's doing!

Anonymous said...

I could hear that conversation in my head as I was reading it, with Judah's cute little croaky voice ..... Danyelle must've had her baby by now? All must be well if she was getting baptized. Where do they do the baptisms? Do you remember going to that weird salt water swimming area for a baptism service when we were visiting Tammie? Give Judah a hug from me.

Anonymous said...

It was so refreshinghearing about your awesome weekend. I lived it vicariouslly through you :) Trenten does that same check thing....it is so nice that they can make us laugh even when we don't want to. Jagger is such a pretty boy! He should be a doggie model!

Mary said...

Hmmm...I wonder if a Nanny would remember to tell you all the funny stuff you son said while you were off working your tail off? You know, cos you definitely still want that lifestyle you've grown accustomed too. Hmmmm...

Hahaha, I know what you're thinking right now--"You're so mean!!"

:p

Seriously, that little boy is a hoot. You just might convince me to pop one out!