Tuesday, October 02, 2007

One Little Monkey Jumpin' on theBed--or--The Cheapskate Mother

Don't you love a story with an option of titles? It always makes it better! Because then maybe you'll feel like you helped write it just a little?!? I don't know. It's late. I should be sleeping, but I had 2, yes 2, Diet Cokes with dinner. yeah. I know. I'm not so SMRT.

So....on to the title. I've decided, in our not so wealthy state, that spending $20-$30 on a brand spankin' new costume for Judah, when he has a perfectly nice one from last year, is completely unnecessary. Well, I guess that is not all true. I really wanted to get him the Lion costume from Old Navy. But I don't really have $30 for a new costume for him... So we got out the good 'ol monkey suit today, and it was SO CUTE!!!! Seriously, it fits him so much better than last year, and he's soooo excited about it. He wanted to wear it ALL DAY LONG. So, I guess he really decided it for me. This year he has been so funny about Halloween. Every 5 minutes, he tells me something different that he wants to be. He watches Go, Diego Go, and tells me he wants to be Diego. He plays with his Batman toy, it's Batman. He sees an ad on TV for the TMNT movie, and it's a ninja turtle...then it quickly turns into a ninja...and on and on and on. But today, all I heard was, I'm gonna be a monkey! So we're set! And with that, some pictures.



I told you, Jumpin' on the bed!



Look at mah giant bellah!



And a pose I shamelessly stole from Andrea.


My personal favorite shot of the day...


Monkey Feet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh - I can't stand it. He's so cute! That close up is precious. I say why not get another use out of that monkey costume, especially if it fits better this year than last year. I thought maybe you'd use the Superman jammies as a costume - the cape is pretty convincing. Love you.

Sage said...

I like the close-up too. You can totally see both you and Brent in him. When I was a kid my mom never bought me "store-bought" costumes because they were always too expensive. One year though, she bought me a $20 witch costume but I had to wear it three years in a row.

Kelly said...

He's so cute! That closeup picture is so adorable! I have such a hard time thinking of spending that much on a costume for one night too. One idea we had for the kids last year was to be 3 little monkeys jumping on a bed and have them carry pillows or blankets with them...there was even talk about a mattress. Somehow we ended up with Santa, Mrs. Claus and Rudolph. That's another story I guess. :) Anyway, Judah will be cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. We have been trying on all of the previous years costumes and I am pretty sure they are both going to wear their superman PJ's. It is kindof silly to spend all that money on a costume they wear once, i guess :)