Tuesday, October 16, 2007

no title

I can't think of a title for this post. It will be short. I'm too emotionally exhausted to write much.

I got a call from my sister this morning. It came through the prayer chain at church this morning that Mason Jenkins had passed away early this morning. I'm stunned, sad, overwhelmed with grief for my friends. I have joy that Mason is now in the arms of out Lord and Savior, he is perfectly healed by our Master. But I have such a great sorrow for Eddie and Becky. My heart is aching for them.

I also feel this guilt. A guilt from not being the friend I know that I should have been. I prayed for Mason almost daily, but I avoided taking the time to have a long distance relationship with Becky. I was always afraid that I would somehow make her feel sad by having a healthy child.

Short back story---Becky and I were pregnant together. We spent alot of time together as friends, as couples, and then, as moms to 2 cute little baby boys! Judah and Mason are only about 2 1/2 weeks apart in age. Mason was diagnosed with Hurler's syndrome at about 7 months, and the rest is all documented here.

I can't believe how amazing Eddie and Becky have been through all of this. I do know that they are closer to God because of this. They are stronger and more mature in the Lord than I can ever hope to be. I know that God equips us to deal with what is brought before us, and he has truly given them grace and understanding, patience and joy.

Tonight, please say a prayer for them. I know that I will be.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh goodness, that is so sad Alicia! I'll be praying...

Jen said...

So sad. You should give them a call, or at least a send a card. Maybe in a few weeks (or months), you can explain why you dropped out of sight?
-GoldenApollo

Anonymous said...

Lish - I just got back from Ron's last night and had not heard this yet. How sad. I thought things were getting better - at least they had decided to start trying to live more normal lives in spite of the limitations Mason had. I'll also be praying for them. I'll give Heather a call. Love you guys so much and don't be too hard on yourself.

Sage said...

Thanks for letting us know. I will definitely be praying for you and the Jenkins and everyone else. I'm with your mom... don't beat yourself up about it.