Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Crisp Fall Evening

Dare I speak the word that California does not know? F-A-L-L?? I think think it's here!

For over a month last year at this time, we drove past this cute little pumpkin patch at a busy street corner without ever stopping. This year, my curiosity got the best of me, and tonight, we stopped in to see what all of the lights, pumpkins and jumpies were all about. And we had fun! It is a pumpkin patch but also a mini carnival with a few rides for kiddos, a small petting zoo, and a couple different jumpies. One was a giant jumpie, one was a giant super slide, and one was an obstacle course. What a blast Judah had. He climbed the endless ramp up to the slide, he went down in feet first a few times, but the second someone in front of him went down it headfirst, well, there was no stopping him. Then he tested out the jumping onto the slide method. I swear. This child is going to have more broken bones, more sprained ankles, more injuries than I ever had. I know, it will be a big feat. But I am positive that if anyone has the propensity to get hurt more often and be more accident prone than I was, it is going to be Judah!

Anyway, there was a little crisp chill in the air, and with the rain that we got this morning, it is finally starting to feel like fall. I laugh at myself and what I've become after spending only 1 1/2 years as a Californian. When I woke up to rain, I was really excited to put on a warm pair or corduroys, my favorite green sweater, and don my low top converse. Yes, I am a giant nerd. But at least I'm not pulling out my winter jacket like some of my friends that are native Californians. But if it drops another 10 degrees, you can be assured I will be joining them.

Last night I got to go out with some girls to the new Elizabeth movie. It was just amazing. I'm not really that into history, and I can't even remember which year in High School I took World History. This movies climax is the war between England and Spain in the late 16th century following the execution of Mary Queen of Scots. At one point I found myself questioning who was going to win. And then I realized, "there's probably a reason we, in America don't speak Spanish." And I was ashamed at my lack of Historical knowledge. Anyway, I think I need to head to the library.

Speaking of which, Judah and I made our first ever trip to the Murrieta Library this week. I know. It's sad. We've been here over a year and a half, and never gotten a library card. The problem is, right after we moved here, they shut down the library in lieu of building a new one. I guess the new one has been there for a while, but we didn't really know where. So this week, we found it, and got a library card. And Judah checked out 4 books of his choosing! He is very excited to get all of them out and read them over and over again, even though a couple of them are kind of weird!

All right. 12:30 on a Saturday night. I should try to get some sleep before church tomorrow....er today.


2 comments:

Sage said...

Yay for fall! Come on, do you really NEVER get tired of flip-flops?!

Kelly said...

Oh cords and a sweater sound so good. Even though the temp. is dropping here I don't have maternity cords. You better believe I'll have some post-baby sized ones though!
Glad you guys found the library! My kids LOVE going!