Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sick as a Dog

Judah and I are staying home from church today. I can't remember the last time that we have done that. A bad cough is one of those things that no other mother wants to hear coming from the inside of the Sunday School classroom as they drop off their perfectly healthy child. Plus, it seems to have migrated from croup to something.....else....I'm not sure what, but it's starting to sound less 'seal barking' -ish, and more chesty. I'm not sure what that means, but if he is still running a fever tomorrow, we're heading back to the doctors for a re-check. I have this weird feeling that in the hysteria and rush of the last visit to his Doctor (when she sent us running to the E.R.) she forgot something. She didn't have time to look him all over and do the normal stuff, like, looking in his EARS, for example. Last time he got sick, there was an infection AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF THE TUBES, for crying out loud.....not much you can do about that. We've been trying to keep medicine in him, but the darn cough medicine is so nasty, it makes him throw up, so I had to make a mad dash to the pharmacy last night to try and find some cough & cold medicine that had a fever reducer in it that didn't taste like nasty old Robitussin or Triaminic. Thank the Lord for Tylenol products. After much deliberation, I came home with this, which seemed to have done the trick for last night. He slept much better than the night before.


I also picked up some cough and cold suckers! A treat for taking the medicine with out throwing a fit (or throwing up)! And he doesn't have to know that they are medicine suckers! Heck, they taste pretty good!

Anyway, I'm bored and tired. Wish I could go to church. Sometimes just the hour break when Judah is in his class is really nice, especially after a week like ours. Today was supposed to be our Kids Fall Festival thing after church, but we nave postponed it due to the really cruddy air quality. So at least we're not missing out on that. But I'm not sure how much more I can take of trying to keep Judah calm and quiet. A grown up can only take so many cartoons....

Maybe someday soon we'll be doing this again.....I have a little bit of cabin fever, can you tell??


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Isn't it funny how much time you can spend standing in the medicine aisle trying to figure out which to get? It seems like it always takes me forever.
I hope he's feeling better soon and that you guys can get out today!

Jen said...

Yikes! Hope there's a quick recovery.