Friday, October 26, 2007

House Guest

Lincoln is our house guest for the weekend. Now I remember why I always tell people to adopt an adult dog. It's just good to have a reminder. He sure is cute, though. Here's the proof.



Playing with Moose



Jäger pulls out the Mad Teeth™



I really didn't think he had it in him! I'm proud of my little pansy!


So, we all spent the bulk of yesterday afternoon and last night in the hospital. Judah woke up from his nap with that all too familiar barking cough....croup. But this time, he couldn't really catch his breath. I called his doctor, and got him there in under 5 minutes. She gave him motrin right away, and put some cold packs on him...which made him cry so hard he threw up. Then she gave him a shot of something...steroids or something, gave him a breathing treatment. After that, he still couldn't breathe very well, so she sent us across the street to the hospital where he got another, stronger breathing treatment. Brent came straight from work, and we were all a little frazzled. Brady and Adam and family kindly brought us dinner---thanks so much to them! And Christy and John kindly asked if they could go to our house and feed the animals---thanks so much, you guys! It is really hard to be away from family when stuff like this happens, but it is so encouraging to know that we have a super strong support system down here as well!

Anyway, Judah slept really well all night long, thank you God! He's feeling better today. Only coughing after naps, and not really a fever to speak of. We're hoping we're on the tail end of this already. All of the smoke in the air isn't really helping either. I'm sure that asthmatics are really suffering. Tomorrow is the weekend, so I get to have Brent's help with him tonight and tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, all. Stay safe and healthy.


Getting ready to make a project with Daddy




Judah at the hospital making silly faces (sorry, crappy cell phone pictures)


Relaxing


Thumbs up!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness Alicia! How scary! I know how scary it is when Carson has his little episodes. I'd be totally freaked out if I were in your shoes! Well, I'm glad he's okay. I'll be praying he's over it. I hope you get to relax a little this weekend.

Anonymous said...

lish, what a CUTE boy!!!! when you guys come to boise for a visit, and i have to go to home depot to get some "stuff", i can now take judah with me to help.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Judah in the hospital tug at my grandma's heart. He looks so little and vulnerable, but also like he was handling the whole thing pretty well. Such a precious little guy. Give him a hug from grandma. I brought up your blog at home so Grandpa Paul could see the Home Depot apron shots. So cute. Love you all.