Tuesday, October 03, 2006

no, it's not magic marker : yes, I'm crazy

For those of you who know me well, (or have had an earful from me) know that this has been a wish of mine for a while. I have toyed around with many different designs, shapes, colors, and ideas, and then I realized something. If all I do is think about it, I will keep changing my mind. I need to come up with one idea that I really like, and just DO IT. So today, I did. I won't bore you with "my story" behind the design, but if you really want to know, let ME know, and we can have that talk! The necessary details are:
1. Yes, it is a tattoo! *gasp*
2. Yes, it hurt...ALOT!
3. Yes, I LOVE IT!
4. Yes, it was a very sterile procedure
5. Yes, my mom knows =D
6. Yes, it kind of freaks me out that it is going to be there for the rest of my life, but that is what getting a tattoo is all about!
7. Judah kept wanting to touch it...
8. No, I don't konw if I'm getting any more...I'll let you know when I do though!!!


Cory, the tattoo artist, just starting the outline.
Yes, for those of you who have not seen me in pain, it's not pretty.

"I can't believe it is all over..." sighs Alicia. "I can't believe what a baby you are!" exclaims Cory

Photos courtesy of my wonderful friend Emily who volunteered not only to document this occasion, but was my emotional support!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Holy cow! OUCH! It looks cool though and of course I want the story behind the design! :)

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Yes you are crazy ... but as far as the pain goes, well that is why I will never have a tattoo, not until they start putting you under for them ... oh wait, and the fact that Matt has threatened divorce over one ;). Good thing I'm a scaredy cat.

(Oh, and my new little niece is Kris' daughter ... with 13 and 15 year old boys she's in for a bit of a shock!!)

Kelly said...

I saw your comment about the sidebar and just wanted to let you know that yours looks good to me. I haven't ever noticed it missing. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I can't believe you got one! It looks very cute. You are much braver than me. And yes, you in pain is not the most pleasant thing I have experienced. I hope things are well!

Anonymous said...

well, well, well... mom may know about this, but i was not informed!!! good thing my mom is not around, you would have to keep your socks on. all kidding aside, i appreciate your willingness (crazyness) to have this done. you were the one that always pushed the envelope, huh? love ya lish......dad