Saturday, October 07, 2006

2 year check-up

"I do all my own stunts"


Yesterday, Judah and I made the trek to his doctors office, 1/2 mile down the road for his 2 year check-up. He did really good! He let the doctor and nurse look him over and get all his measurements. weight: 33 lbs. height: 34 in. head size: 18 in. (it's like an orange on a toothpick) .
She said he was very healthy, and bright. yeah!! She also told me he should be saying at least 50 words, and I almost laughed out loud at her!! For those of you who have been around Judah lately know that he is a walking echo, repeating just about everything you say. He will even turn it around and use it correctly in a sentence. Holding back laughter, I told her that he is fairly proficient with his verbal skills and that he usually talks to us in 8-10 word sentences all the time.
Then came the part none of us like to talk about. THE SHOTS. Which apparently are given in the arms after 2 years old. *whimper* It was horrible. he got 2 in each arm, one of which was tetanus. He was crying so hard afterwards, and kept saying, OUCH OUCH OUCH. But being as prepared as I always am, (har-dee-har-har) I had some Skittles in my purse, and they quickly eased the pain. We have been alternating Tylenol and Advil since then, which he loves to drink out of the "teeny cup". And when he woke up from his nap today, he was saying OWWW, and I asked him what hurt, and he said it was his arms. POOR LITTLE BABY! I wish I could do more for him.
Nothing much else going on today, just hangin' out with the family. A little time spent at Walmart, and a trip to the lumber yard. lotsa fun. there really is'nt anything like doing nothing with the people you love the most!

Just a little preview of Halloween

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orange on toothpick? How funny! Glad to see that Judah is growing up so healthy. So sad about the shots though. Have a heppy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lish,

Thanks for calling back and giving me your blog address while here at Ron's. Loved your description of the dr. visit. A little echo is the perfect description. Can't wait to see the next Halloween costume photos. Give both your guys hugs from grandma.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Too funny and too sad ... I think should have stayed up here in Idaho ... Ethan got his two years in the leg ... and actually didn't even cry, I could hardly believe it. (Is that a good reason to move back ;) ) I can't belive how much older Judah looks to me than Ethan ... he out weighs him, is probably the same height and sounds like he would out talk him any ol' day! He's too, too cute!!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Oops ... forgot to add that Ethan and Judah could be twins for Halloween ;). Great minds thinking alike ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Lish - Lydia and I were just looking at your last couple posts. I haven't had time to really read them yet, but we looked at the pictures together and got some good laughs courtesy of your son. Talk to you soon.
mom