Friday, October 13, 2006

the Kry and Kutless

Last night I ventured up to L.A. (Long Beach, technically) with my friend Emily to a little concert at a club. Her husband, Travis, who is our church's worship pastor, was sitting in playing lead guitar for the band, The Kry. Anyone heard of them? Brent actually has one of their cd's from the mid-90's. I never really knew much of their music, and though their albums might be a little outdated, their live sound on stage was AMAZING!! Travis is an amazing guitarist, and learned their set of songs in less than a week. He's played with them before, but this was my first time seeing him play outside of church. I just feel priveleged to have such an amazing musician as one of my really good friends!! They opened for Kutless, which if you don't know who that is, just think of most of the songs you like on air-1, and they play all of them!! At least that was true for me. I went into the concert thinking, "I have heard the name before, but I can't name one song that they play." And I came out of the concert saying, "All those songs I like are played by the same band?" Think of Strong Tower, Word of God Speak, Sea of Faces, and alot of worship songs gone hardcore, and you'll know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I had a really great time, got to hang out with some great friends, eat some great mexican food (hole-in-the-wall TACO shop) and listen to some really great music! And my wonderful, kind, loving husband made the whole thing possible by being SUPERDAD for the evening!!!


Other than that, not much going on here, as you can tell by my lack of posts. We are going up to Julian tomorrow, apple picking with Micah and Erica. That should be fun! I will post some pictures when we get back. Judah had is first, all to himself, ice cream sandwich this week. I can't believe he ate the whole thing...


Then we played hide behind the tree...not really hide and seek, because every time I say out loud, "Where's Judah?" he pops out and says, "Here I am!!"
All in all, a great week. Have a great weekend, all. We really miss all of you up in Idaho land!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The Kry is still around??? Man I saw them play forever ago. It was at NNC which should tell you how long ago that was.
Kutless has been here a couple times but I have yet to go see them. I've wanted to but it hasn't worked out with the kids and stuff. Maybe next time.
Sounds like you had fun. Looking forward to the apple pictures! Judah is so cute! :)