Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wanna creep yourself out?

Anyone use Google maps? Have you noticed their new feature? (Disclaimer: It may not always work) Type in your address, hit "search maps". In the little bubble that pops up, hit "street view". (some addresses may not have this function yet) It has an actual picture OF THE FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE!!!! A little big brother-ish???? I think so! Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not crazy protective of our personal information (I know you're cringing, Mom!) but this totally freaked me out! What if you were standing naked in your front picture window when the picture was taken?!? (Disclaimer: I don't stand naked in our front window...ever.) Or what if your garage door was open when the picture was taken, and people can see right into your house?!? Just a little creepy, me thinks!

One thing I have loved about living where we live, is a quality Zoo. Our zoo passes expired in Jan, but we went with Sharon and the boys yesterday for free with some guest passes, and I have missed it. It was my camera's first time at the Zoo, and it had fun!









4 comments:

Kelly said...

When the Google people were here doing this for Boise is summer, I thought they said on the news there's a way you can request for your address to not be included.

What do you mean a quality zoo? Are you implying something about Zoo Boise? :) Those are great pictures!

Unknown said...

By law google can't have people in their pictures. When they take the picture they have to photoshop any people out of it before they can put it on the internet. Hopefully that gives some sense of comfort...

Nathan and Billie said...

Greetings, National Geographic! Man, I want to go to that zoo! I LOVE zoos and I get a little sick of the same zoo and the same animals up here. If you have any pictures of giraffes, send them my way!! Love you, friend!

Danyell Nesser said...

Alicia These pictures are beautiful. They are fully professional ! Can you take some of our family so we can look like models ?? We love you guys ! Keep on bloggin sister !