Friday, April 25, 2008

It has been brought to my attention.....

that I'm being neglectful....of my blog. Well, here we are. writing a blog. let's hope I can think of something interesting to say.

Well, I've been a little busy, trying to manage my herd of dogs. I realized, after Polar and Polly had been here for a couple days, they must have been backyard dogs. They have NO manners, and even less obedience. But, in all of the frustration, it's been good for me to brush up on my training skills. It's hard trying to teach "sit" and "down" when they don't even know things like "off" and "out" and "knock it off" and "shut the---" wait. nevermind! So, we're starting from square one with them, and it's going ok. They both have a long way to go, but they're quick learners. And they're so gosh darn cute, they probably get away with more than they should!






Brent went on a giant hike last weekend...up Mount San Jacinto. A group of crazy guys from church went last weekend, to try to reach the summit. They encountered so much snow, they had to turn back before they wanted to. But they got pretty high, close to 9000 ft or so. They hiked about a mile vertically, and 11 miles round trip. I was pretty nervous for Brent, I was glad that expert mountain climber, Micah with them, but I just had this sick feeling that something bad might happen. I couldn't shake the feeling, so I decided to take my mind off of it, and take Judah to Erica's salon to get both of our hair cut. Turned out to be a pretty good tactic, b/c by the time we got home, Brent was on his way back. He had a pretty big fall. He lost his footing on a really icy slope, and started sliding, feet first down the side of the mountain. He braced himself to try to catch his feet on a tree, hit a bump, which spun him around, and he ended up hitting the tree smack dab on his thigh/hip area. In retrospect, he may have broken a leg if he hit the tree head on with his feet, so I'm glad it happened the way it did. He's got a pretty sweet bruise too, which is nice. They're going to attempt to reach the summit again, but make it an over night trip. lovely. I may have a buzz cut by the time it's all over.









(thanks to Vince for the photos....I was not about to give Brent my new camera to take with him!!)

Oh, and since we're on the pictures kick, here's Judah's haircut....I just can't seem to cut it all off. I wonder what he'd look like with a buzz cut?!?!?


evil plotting Judah


Oh, and I've also been knitting alot. I joined a local knitting and crocheting group (because apparently I'm a grandma and a giant nerd). I go to meetings about once a week or every other week. It's been a good time to get away, have an adult conversation, and make some new friends. Right now we're working on a project together, making a knit/crochet square blanket for a lady who owns a local yarn store. She just had a brain tumor operated on, and now is going through chemo. Usually we just bring whatever we are working on to the meetings, but the past few have been working on making the blanket together. It's been really fun and encouraging. I think we're meeting to give it to her this coming Tuesday. It's going to be fun!






What the dogs do at the dog park...




What Judah does at the dog park...


Yes, that's a 6 foot chain link fence. And yes, he's climbing his way into the small dog area!

Goodnight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh, thanks! Now I feel better :)

Kelly said...

Cool blanket.
Judah's hair looks good. Where's the picture of your haircut? :)

Kelly said...

Hello ~

I randomly came across your blog and thought I'd leave you a quick comment.

The dogs you're fostering are just beautiful! I wish I could foster, but I already have two dogs and no backyard.

The blanket you helped make is really pretty! What a sweet gesture. I love to knit too, but haven't really gone beyond scarves!

Anonymous said...

Brady must enjoy your blog as much as I do. Look at that big boy climbing up the fence! I love the tongues hanging out of the dogs mouths - having too much fun. So the blanket is knit blocks and put together with crocheting? Looks really cool...So thankful Brent wasn't hurt more seriously. Bet it scared him a bit and never poo-poo a woman's intuition. Can't wait for June. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

i love that brent got totally clobbered and there are studly man pics on this blog and the only comments are on the dogs and judah....i see how it is!