Saturday, April 19, 2008

A New Challenge

Yesterday I pulled 2 dogs from the San Bernardino City Animal Shelter, a cramped, high-kill shelter a little north of us. The first picture I saw online was this:


So, being the bleeding heart that I am, I called the shelter to see just how long he had been there. Turns out, he and his kennel-mate were dropped off by their original owners over 2 weeks ago, and they didn't have much time left. The were also fairly bonded to each other, and the shelter was looking for someone to adopt them together. (which could possibly be why they were still there) So I decided to head up there, and bring them home, and give them a second chance at life with a family. They're both only 8 months old, and so sweet. They have alot to learn, seems like they were backyard dogs exclusively, no manners, no crate training, they share food from each others bowl, stuff like that. So, without further ado....

POLAR




POLLY





Polar is already neutered and ready to go, and Polly is getting spayed in a week and a half, and then will be ready as well. They are looking for good forever homes, so if you know anyone that's interested, let me know! You might be surprised at how good I am at putting together transports! The rescue that I adopted Lilah from transported a dog from Fresno, CA to Seattle, WA !!! And Honey went from here to San Francisco, so anything is possible!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are their gurdian angle! Such sweet little faces!

Kelly said...

That last picture is killing me! I would take them in a second if I could. I'm having a hard time convincing Mike we need one dog.

Nathan and Billie said...

AAHHH! What pretty pups!!! Good work, Lursh!

Anonymous said...

Dear Bleeding Heart Daughter - Love you so much. You have always had a soft heart. I know you will find good homes for these 2 cute puppies. They look like hair shedding factories to me, so hope they'll be settled in their new homes by June 28. What? No pictures of Ju-Ju? I'm depressed. I need my weekly shot of Judah photos to make it through.

Anonymous said...

I need Blog, must read Blog......please :)
I am such a fantastic speller up above..I have mommy brain!