Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Turkey day today. Our second Thanksgiving day celebration in California was wonderful! Erica's parents, Steve and Lori invited us over to celebrate with them again this year. Micah's parents were also in town, so that was an added bonus! My marching orders for the day were to make an Apple and Pumpkin pie. I went a little overboard....


Yeah, that's right...4 pies... Can I just say I love baking? I find it to be a wonderful stress reliever. Erica took WAY better pictures of the pies individually and I'll post those once I get them from her, but just so you have an idea...

Pecan


Pumpkin


Chocolate Cream


Apple


This was my first attempt at Chocolate Cream, and, I hate to pat myself of the back, but it was DELICIOUS!! I already copied the recipe onto a card for my recipe box. It's definitely a keeper! Here is a link to the recipe. If you feel brave, try it! You WON'T regret it! I didn't top it with meringue, though, I topped it with homemade whipped cream using this recipe. Then I topped it with semi-sweet chocolate shavings! I can't wait for Judah to go to bed, b/c Brent and I are having another slice tonight!!

Ok, so now for some non-pie pictures!! :-P

Wishing we could go for a swim...


Playing with the trains


Judah and Miss Lori, his CA Grandma!


Micah and Erica with Ruth, Micah's mom!


Hope all of you had a wonderful day full of family, food, fun and gratitude! Have a blessed weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have so many pie pans :)

Anonymous said...

yea! a picture of me made it onto your blog. I don't know exactly why, but that makes me happy. I know I have been mentioned before, but I think this is my first picture. I'll try to send you some pictures of the pies soon.
:)

Mary said...

Yummy! Gino said he is still waiting for his! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your pies look picture perfect and I know they tasted wonderful too. Thanks for teaching your sister your pie techniques so we can still benefit from your talents even tho' you aren't with us. (I know you are all with us in spirit!) Heather's pumpkin pies were very yummy. Love you.