Saturday, November 17, 2007

Can we stay?

Jäger and I had such a great time at the beach last weekend, we took Brent and Judah with us this time!

We were a little hesitant when the forecast showed mostly cloudy, and a high of only 66, but we decided to brave it with sweatshirts and blankets, if needed. Well, we didn't need those sweatshirts at all! It was wonderfully warm, sunny, and just beautiful all around! We had to tear ourselves away just an hour or so before the sunset (which frustratingly enough is before 5 pm. grrrrr....). The longer we are in California, the more I fall in love with it. I know, I wasn't supposed to fall in love with SoCal...it just kind of happened. My mom knows what I'm talking about. Of course I miss the definite 4 seasons of Idaho, I miss the chilly mornings, I miss the snowy sidewalks, I miss the frosty tree branches. But I don't miss the windshield scraping, the black ice, the cold booty b/c you didn't buy along enough coat....etc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a beach day in the middle of November.





I would add more pictures, but Blogger is having issues tonight...come back soon for more beach loveliness!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Alicia,
The last picture on here is so cute! I love the lighting and the fact that Jager looks like he is watching Judah. It was fun to see you guys last night. See you Thursday! Whoo Hoo, yummy turkey.

Unknown said...

Hey it's me again. I finally figured out how to get some pictures on my hair website. It's not perfect, but I'm tired of messing with it right now. You can get to it at www.ericashairstudio.com then click on blog

Kelly said...

I love fall and sweater and extra blankets and all that but when I saw the forecast didn't make it out of the 40s this week & then saw all those great beach shots, I couldn't help be a bit jealous of you guys! Like you said, a beach day in the middle of November would be great!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know what you mean. After living in 4 seasons for the last 40 years, I don't know how I would do in SoCal year round. Probably will never have to face the issue, so won't worry about it...but it sure is fun to visit, especially with you guys there....We had our first snow this morning. Woke up to a white out and it was still snowing when I came to work. But, as usual, it's gone already..love you...

Jen said...

I'm jealous! I'd love to be able to go to the beach in winter! But I love snow! I'm torn! ARgh!