Monday, November 12, 2007

A Busy Weekend

It all started off Friday night, went to a movie with Tami, Martian Child. It was really good, but I always have been a huge John Cusack fan, probably ever since Better Off Dead.

Saturday morning I headed out with Jäger to another Golden Retriever meetup. This one was at the Del Mar Dog Beach, so Brent and Judah were planning on going also, but at the last minute decided not to go. So it was just me and the Jägermeister...we had a blast, of course....the proof..





The Giant Schnauzer that befriended Jäger



An artsy fartsy picture....I like it


Bailey, the big man




Jäger and the PUPPIES!!!


After the crowd thinned, we walked the beach, just my dog and me. I didn't want to leave. The sun was shining, the water was warm, the beach was almost empty....it was wonderful. When anyone asks me what I miss most about Idaho, about the area itself, I always talk about how I miss the wilderness, you know, the forests--and the meadows--and the rivers...all of it. I just remember being up at camp, feeling so close to God while sitting in the middle of his beautiful creation. I still miss it, but yesterday I experienced that at the beach. It was so peaceful, so serene, so wonderful...I could have stayed all day and just soaked it up.

This is how it felt...


Don't you want to stay??? It was difficult to leave.

Then Saturday night, we had our friends Adam and Brady over for dinner. I made my mom's famous cheese and olive enchiladas! They were a hit!

Sunday, after church, we had our kids fall festival thing. It was postponed from 2 weeks ago, due to the fires and smoke and air quality, so it was definitely better late than never! Brady and I ran the face painting booth. It was fun being creative, and thank goodness I forget to bring a mirror...the kids had no idea how horrible it looked until they got home, and by that time the parents could blame it on a number of different things! HA HA HA!!! But really, I think it turned out ok, and I had fun doing it. Judah had a great time, got to go to all the different booths with Daddy, fishing, ring toss, all sorts of carnival fun! I don't have any pictures, b/c I was too busy being an artist! HA!

Lat night was prayer mountain. It is something that a small group of people do every few months or so for our church, just a night of prayer and praise...worship at it's best. The night of prayer refreshed me.

This picture makes me laugh. Judah is in a no-shirt phase...it appears Benji is joining the club...


Have a good week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

micah here- your two boys...your three boys are all crazy, and i love it.

Vince said...

Is the dog next to yeager in the first picture pinching a loaf?

BTW - I linked you up

alicia marie said...

Is the dog next to yeager in the first picture pinching a loaf?

No. I'm not sure what he's doing, but he's not defecating.

And it's Jäger, by the way!

Anonymous said...

The beach photos are great. Sigh...

Ya have to admit - the no shirt phase is pretty cute.