Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What's a mup?

Potty training isn't going so well...I'm about ready to give up. I'm starting to think that even though he is showing alot of the signs of being ready, he may not actually be ready. We had a frustrating day today.. and this is why:


--> trip to the DMV to renew my license (expires tomorrow, on my birthday), my first CA license. was told I needed my ORIGINAL birth certificate...
--> had to call my mom and have her overnight the BC ($28)
--> had a battle of the wills with Cooper (bulldog who lives here...if he was my dog he would be gone by now!)
--> cleaned up multiple "accidents" with carpet cleaner
--> had NO sucesses with Judah actually going peepee in the potty. :(


But then we got to our small group tonight and everyone brought stuff for carne asadas!!! And Christy had made a butt load of rice krispy treats just for my birthday! We didn't even do a bible study, just hang-out time fellowshipping with each other. Even some people who are friends but not a part of our small group were invited just for my birthday! Christy had made me a big picture frame collage with pics of our family, Judah, and his friends. It was so special! I love it. And my friend Emily got me some flowers, yellow daisys--my favorite! They look really great in my new vase. Too late to do pics right now, but maybe soon. Anyway, it was a great night with friends! I am ging to miss celebrating with my family so much, so this helped it feel special even though we are far away from family and friends.


Then when we got home, Brent was getting Judah in his jammies, and asked me if he should put on a diaper or a pull-up. So I said, "A diaper, We have to use 'em up." Then Judah looked at me and said, "What's a mup?"
Brent and I just died laughing, and realized that it was a very valid question! That boy cracks me up!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

DON'T GIVE UP!!! Being consistant will pay off sooner than you think. I've been taking Carson to the bathroom every 10 minutes or less today, which means we've spent a lot of time in the bathroom today but he did really good today. That after two days of accidents all day long. I totally feel your pain here friend! :)
I'm so glad your friends there made your birthday special! What a blessing! Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh the pottey trainin woes! Been there...going there again soon :) I hope you had a great b-day! I was supposed to come by but Adam was too sick to be left with the kids :( It sounded like way more fun than I was having!

Anonymous said...

And then there was March 14. I'll be waiting for an update on that other day from hell. Hope you were able to put it behind you, relax and enjoy the rest of your actual "birth" day.

We missed celebrating with you too, Lish. We went from 3 birthdays to celebrate in Mar/Apr to just 1. Not near as much fun. Will celebrate Grandma Ruby's bday while Ron is here in April.

I'd give the potty training thing a rest too, if I were you. Too many other things going on to concentrate on it. Maybe after the drivers license issue is settled.

Hang in there. Love you.

Sage said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! Hope you have a wonderfully mup day.