Friday, March 23, 2007

Burn To Shine--- the race car song

It is such a great thing when you get to see your own child's imagination working! Judah loves to listen to music in the car, and today I just happened to have in some Ben Harper, Burn to Shine. He really likes the song "Steal My Kisses". About half-way through the song he said, "Mommy, this song is about boys and girls." I don't know how he knew that! It was so funny! Then when the next song started, "Burn to Shine", right off the bat said, "Mommy, this song is about race cars." It isn't about race cars, but something about the first few measures of the song, lots of blues types guitar riffs, made him think...hmmmm..race cars! I just thought it was so funny! If you want to hear what he was talking about, go here for a snippit of both of these songs.



So I did it....I passed the California State Drivers License test!!!! I only got 1 questiong wrong, and it was a ridiculously hypothetical question! So I have my little slip of paper, and I get the real thing in 30 days. And I even took a decent picture, for a change!



Well, what does the weekend hold? Brent is again working this Saturday. They are really trying to get this job in Palm Springs done by early next week, so they are all doing some overtime. And I have to say, I will be really glad when Brent doesn't have a 2 hour commute every morning and evening. It has been really hard on all of us. His next job will be in Ontario, only a 45 min. commute, which seems like a breeze right now! On Sunday, I think we are going to head down to SanDiego in the afternoon to hit Ikea and possibly the beach. We have needed a new dresser for a while, our old hand-me-down ones are ungly, bulky, and falling apart, so we left them in storage when we moved up here a month ago. We would like to get one large clean lined one that we can share. I'm excited to go see what our options are. And let's face it, a trip to Ikea is like having a party, so I'm excited!

I will leave you with some new pics of Judah and his new favorite thing to do outside. He just loves to dribble the basketball, and **shoot** hoops! Psssst, don't tell Brent! He will call him a pumkin pusher! (what all the wrestlers called b-ball players in High School)




3 comments:

Sage said...

Brent has a two hour commute? How miserable for all of you. Judah is a natural!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

I can't believe how "advanced" Judah seems ... that or Ethan is really slow, LOL. Okay only kidding, but he really is bright and I forget that he's six months younger than Ethan when I read these posts.

SO, what did the IKEA trip turn up? I would so love to live that close to one, but it would be trouble, nothing but trouble ... like you said, it's a party, go, shop, eat, shop some more.

Hope this weekend is a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lish - Such cute pictures of Judah. May can't get here fast enough. When does Debbie arrive?
I've never heard the "pumpkin pusher" thing before. Very funny.

Congrats on getting your CA drivers license. It WAS a team effort, right? Yeah - finally - you are an official Californian. Very weird.

Wade in the ocean for me.

I need to call you about a couple things. Maybe this weekend. Love and miss you all.