Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Few Things.. .. ..

Ok, so I need to post something, I know. It has been a hard start to the week, and I feel like it should already be Friday. Judah has been OUT OF CONTROL the past two days. I don't know WHAT the deal is. He normally is fairly hyper, but the last few days, I dont' know what got into him. Needless to say, I have NO energy left.

Then this afternoon Brent's mom called with some news. Brent's Grandma passed away this morning. It is a long story, and she has been so unhappy/uncomfortable/weak/frail for so long, I KNOW she is so much better off now. We love you and will miss you, Grandma Jean.

The hard part starts now. Brent's family is a mess! Not because of what happened, they always were a mess. His mom and her 3 sisters DON"T get along. And ever since we heard about Grandma, Brent has been on the phone tryng to get everyone to get along. Brent was alway the mediator when we were there, and it is hard mediating something like this so far away! So Brent will probably be traveling up to Idaho sometime soon to be there for the funeral and whatever else he can help out with. Brent's Grandpa has been a parapalegic for about 35 years, 10 of which, Brent was his fulltime caregiver. So this is going to be especially hard on Pop (what everyone calls him). Anyway, prayer is needed. For so many things. Peace with Brent's family. Peace for Pop. Funds for Brent to travel and take time off work. Whether or not Judah and I should try to go with Brent. And something I haven't even posted about yet....we're moving...I know, can we just pick one dilema at a time, here? That is another post for another day.....

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

And to lighten the mood, I headed over to one of my favorite (and semi-controvertial) sites, and found that it had been updated fairly recently....and my favorite new experiment was this. I needed a good laugh tonight, and this provided me with just that. *WARNING--not all portions of this site are altogether wholesome!*

and with that.. .. ..I will go, and be back soon to post again, about the things I didn't cover tonight----er, this morning!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry things are so rough right now. Many prayers will be said on your behalf.

I'm very interested to hear about the moving. Is it back here? (fingers crossed)

That gum thing was funny. How on earth did you find a site like that?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about Brent's grandma. Funny thing, I was just thinking about you guys and Pop. I was wondering how he was doing with you being in California. I will be praying for you all. I am intrigued about the moving thing and wondering if it is a good thing or a bad thing.