Friday, December 21, 2007

Neglectful...

is what I've been to you, blog. Poor poor bloggie...are you hungry? Do you want a belly rub? Who's a good bloggie? Who is? You are!!!

OK, feel better now?

We've been busy? Not really. We've been lazy! That's more like it! And we've just been overwhelmed with Christmas ongoings and activities.

The past week included many things...lets begin.

the tree and decorations are up:



There was a shower for Sharon and baby Beau on Sunday:


for which I made finger sandwiches:




and Christy made a delicious punch!



OH yeah, and Brent brought home a dog on Friday...he found him on his jobsite, and fell head over heels in love with him. We are awaiting his owners to claim him, and NOT keeping him! :-) But he's cute and we're calling him Jack...and oh yes, he likes to wear sweaters.





And then there's this:





He's pretty cute. all of the time. It's sickening!!!
and just in case you don't believe me, PROOF:

Before:


After:



Oh, and there was a staff Christmas party on Tuesday, and I made 4 pies. The same four I did for Thanksgiving, so I am kindof sick of the kitchen right now. SO sick, that I didn't even bake anything for our small group last night, something I do every week. Instead, I just put out a plate of Christmas goodies we've been collecting from alot of people!

We've been receiving lots of mail, Christmas cards, packages etc. And we've made a couple trips to the post office also, to mail off packages, and I have to again today. It sure is different getting used to celebrating Christmas away from family. It's hard, and the closer it gets, it's getting harder. But this too shall pass, and we will be with family again soon, hopefully February.

Ok. time to go get something done, like laundry, or dishes **shudder**, or, ya know, get dressed!!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - even tho' we've talked a few time this week, I was beginning to feel neglected because there was no new posting here. Oh my, more cute photos of Ju-Ju. Jack is pretty cute too, especially wearing the sweater. Too funny! I'm better now. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

BTW the photo of your mantle in the family room is awesome.

Jen said...

Love that big star!

And I wanna kiss Jager's jowls! He's so cute when he's all stoic. Apollo gets that look sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my Blogg fix oh mighty Blogger! :)

evie said...

hey lish... thought I'd come by and check out your blog since I... well... never do!! :) I got a Christmas card from your parents yesterday that made me smile, and miss the "Philbrook". I think I can say I know how you feel not being home for Christmas. I wasn't home last year either, but I was at least with the in-laws. This year, it's just us, a couple friends, and Starbucks. :) I guess we'll both be lonely about the same thing at the same time! I love you!!
evie

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest thing ever....way better than myspace. I am totally making one... as soon as I get dressed and start some Laundry...hehehe.... anyways.. you guys are all soo cute and we had a really great time last night. Thanks for everything. Did you open your card ?? Okay well .. I love your blog. Lets hook up and craft something soon okay ! Later lady !