Saturday, September 09, 2006

A very large nutshell

ok, so what I hat the most about technology is how random it is. I am online now, not in the safe mode, and everything is just hunky-dory! so I will just be happy and take advantage of it. this last week was so busy. It seems like everyday is full of activities, and if I do have a down day, we find something to do, or someone to hang out with.

Monday, Labor Day, we had a fun pool party at Erica Durham's parent's house. Micah and Erica (for those of you who know them) were here just for the summer before taking off with their ministry in the fall. After alot of prayer and thoughtful consideration, they decided to step out of that ministry and stay here. (little selfish yelps of joy from me). They have become very close friends since we have been down here, and we are glad to have them around a little more! All in all, it was a great day. We ate, swam, and hung out to our hearts contents!




Judah and I made it to the beach this week on Thursday with Tami and her kids. We went to a different beach this time, down in San Diego at Pacific Beach. I, of course, forgot the camera, but there are too many pictures of the beach anyway, right?

But I did get some pictures of our weekly (sometimes bi or tri-weekly) romp at the dog park. It really should be called the "dog and Judah park." It provides plenty of exersize and socialization for both! I really love it there. all the trees and nature remind me of home, and when I am hiking in the forest, I feel a little closer to Idaho.



I even got a chance to hang out with just the girls this weekend. In the end it ended up being just Tami and me, but that was just fine. and we were out without the kids!

Today we went to a kids movie premiere here in Temecula. A lady that the Paschalls know made an ABC movie and Alli (Paschall # 4) was in parts of it. It was at a real theatre, and Judah LOVED it! Following the premiere, we went to Alli's 5th birthday party at the park. Sorry to bore you all with all the mundane details, but that is what you signed up for! so that is our week in a nutshell, granted, a very large nutshell....maybe a coconut....

thanks for all the comments. it keeps me motivated to keep updating now that I know someone is reading. See ya lata...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Welcome back to blogland!
Funny you should mention Micah...we had a picnic after church Sunday and his grandma was sitting by me and filled me in on her grandkids. The ones I know anyway. I'm glad you have someone from home to be friends with! :)