Monday, March 17, 2008

Should I......

....have taken advantage of a crazy steal at JoAnns??? I keep thinking about this. It's seriously lame, but I can't decide what I should have done....

Yesterday, at JoAnns, I was picking up one skein of some yarn to finish Tami's hobo gloves when I saw a sign. This is ALL it said: "Lion Brand: Wool Ease $2" Now, there are 3 different kinds of Wool Ease, 1-worsted weight (normal-everyday thinner yarn--$2.50 regularly) 2-Thick and Chunky (heavier thicker yarn-- ~$5.00 regularly) & 3-Thick and Quick (super bulky--$6.50 regularly). I knew, in my heart of hearts, that the sale was probably only supposed to be for the worsted weight, b/c it's the cheapest, and there is NO WAY they would ever put the other, more expensive yarn on that huge of a sale. So I found an employee, had her look at the sign, and she said that if it didn't specify which kind, then it was all of them. I KNEW that it would ring up wrong, and I'd have to go through all of that again, but I decided to grab 2 skeins of the thick and quick, b/c there was this pattern I was dying to try that uses it. So of course, I get to the cash register as they're closing (lovely) and, what do ya know....$6.49/each. SO I explain to the cashier (only her 2nd day working there....poor girl) about the sign, and she calls a manager. Turns out, only the worsted weight is on sale (big freaking surprise) but they will honor the sign, even though it was wrong. I knew they would have to honor the sign, even though I knew it was wrong. My dilema is, should I have gotten more skeins to begin with?? One side of me says yes, b/c it was their mistake, but one side says no, b/c I knew it was a mistake and mispriced from the beginning.

Anyway, It's over now, and I'm sure they've fixed the sign error, so I got 2 skeins for $4, which is less than one normally costs. But I feel semi-good about it still, b/c one of the skeins is going to make a hat for a cancer patient. That's good karma, right??

Anyway, presenting the $2 hat!


It the Brangelina Hat from my new favorite blog. It's modeled after a hat seen on Angelina Jolie, not that I care about that, I just thought it looked cute! I also love how it looks in the red! Mmmmmm...wooly goodness....


I also realized, after I had downloaded the pictures of this hat, I have a disturbing pattern going on. I almost always finish up a project in the morning while Judah is eating breakfast and watching 'toons'....I am always to eager to get pictures of said project, I often jump the gun, and model it pre-shower....blech. **Note to self---people might appreciate seeing a showered Alicia...they might actually like the knitting projects better if there isn't greasy hair poking out of it!!

SILLY JUDAH FACE INTERLUDE!!!


Oh, and here are some pics of Judah and Ben at the play place on Friday! They had a blast!








and a rare pic of me and the man...


And some new pictures of Moose, b/c he seems to get left out alot...




wow....I've been working on this for too long...better head out and get to the gym (since I declared that I shall not work out during my birthday weekend...I've got alot of making up to do!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the hat even though you haven't taken a shower (i couldn't tell). it is too cute. also i love that picture of you and brent. it makes me feel happy.

Anonymous said...

p.s.- two more things
that picture of benjy is funny because his hair looks like it's part of the costume.

you are making me want a cute homemade hat

Kelly said...

I came back to comment on the birthday post because I was holding a crabby teething baby the first time I read it and now here's a whole new post! Well, happy birthday anyway! I'm glad you had a good day.
I don't think you did anything wrong by taking advantage of the deal. You did ask someone beforehand & they said it was okay. I would've done the same thing.
I'm so impressed by all your knittiness. I really need to get started on the New Year's resolution of mine.
That play place sounds like fun! My boys would LOVE it!
Cute picture of you & Brent. And yes even of the cat. :)

Amy said...

Your camera takes beautiful pictures.:)
I just got a new camera, and I don't know how to use it yet....I showed my husband your pictures and informed him that I want my pictures to look like yours.:)
Have a lovely day!
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

You are quite the knitter now aren't you!!! I LOVE that pic of Brent and you- so cute! The second one of Moosey needs to be framed!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that photo of Moose is creepy!