Sunday, March 09, 2008

For Better or Worse....

I'm in love with this hat.



(pardon me while I talk about knitting)

This hat is a modification from this pattern I had to modify it b/c circular needles are EXPENSIVE, and I have no money. But it turned out great! (hold on to your hats...here comes the technical stuff) I cast on 66 stitches on #9 circulars, 1x1 rib for 1 1/2 inches, then increased by k1, kfb, then knitted over to #11 circular needles. I was worried that the giant change in needle size would make the hat turn out all wonky, but it actually made it just the perfect slouchiness!! I started the decreases at about 6" into the hat, and began with k13 k2tog (you have one extra stitch on the last set, but I just chalked it up to imperfection and said "SCREW IT!" you just have to knit one more regular stitch on that set every time. but it works out just fine.) In between the decrease rows I knitted one regular round, until about the sevens....when I started to think that this hat might very well be the cause of my early demise, so I started to decrease on every row after that, I ended up with either 14 or 7 stitches to choose from at the very end, I went with the 7, probably should have chosen 14, it would have been more flat on the top. But I love it anyway! I will wear it in sickness and in health.....(the sickness comes in when I am wearing it in our 110 degree weather this summer...)







I don't think I've shared very many of my knitting adventures on here yet. I have lots of pictures of stuff....you can see them here if you're the least bit interested!

3 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

WoW! Look at you Miss "Making My Own Patterns" ... Did I know you were a knitter? Hmm, I think I may have, but you're right, you don't share that enough on here :). I love the hat though and looking through your other creations! Fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Are you speaking english? I didn't realize you had to be so smat to knitt

Kelly said...

Cute hat! I didn't know you were a knitter. I'll be able to call myself one as well by the end of the year. :)