Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Fun with Photoshop

I am starting to branch out a little bit more in photoshop. I really like funky effects on some pictures, and on some, I have really liked making them black and white, or sepia toned. This is just tiding me over until I can get the new camera!








So, a funny thing about 3 year olds....they can't chew gum. It's not humanly possible. My mom got Judah a 4-pack of mini superhero bubble tapes for his stocking this year. He was ecstatic! He is, of course, into everything superhero. Well, we've tried supervised gum-chewing-sessions, and it inevitably ends with a quick swallow. Sometimes he chews it for a long time, sometimes not so much. So the other night, Brent and I realized Judah had been quiet for about 10 minutes. We looked at each other and decided to just let it go. We were enjoying the silence.

About the time we realized the silence, Judah came prancing out of his room, and on the end table, right by Brent, laid down a container of bubble tape. Brent checked it. It was empty. He ate it. All of it. Brent had just had the discussion with him about NOT eating the gum.

So Brent sent him to his bed for just a little time out, to think about it, etc. We sat in the living room chuckling at each other....when we again realized, it was too quiet. So we sneak into his room to hopefully catch him in the act....he was asleep...poor guy. Tired, and a gut full of gum! So Brent wakes him up and says, "Judah, we need to talk about the gum." And Judah says (whines), "I don't want to talk about the gum."

Life with a 3 year old boy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - note to self. No more gum gifts until further notice. I'm so used to Lydia and Eden chewing it that I didn't even think about it being a problem. Good thing it was just a small container, not one of those megga ones. I must admit, it is tasty. Also, you and Brent aren't big gum chewers, so you haven't set the proper example, right? This from a big gum chewing grandma. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - cute B & W photo of Judah and Brent. Wow - they look so much alike...I've had some fun editing our digital photos too - I edited one that I took on the side street above the beach at Oceanside of a palm tree and gave it some special effects and had a 5 x7 printed at Costco. Framed it for the Palm Tree guest room at our place. Really cool.

Kelly said...

Those are great pictures Alicia!
Your Judah stories never fail to amuse! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVe the pic of Jagger. That one needs to be framed. He is so stoic (is tht how you spell that???) :)

Mary said...

Good job! Soon you'll be teaching me things! ;)