Friday, January 18, 2008

Hi-Ho-Cherri-o....

...one of the games we got Judah for Christmas. He loves to play it, especially when mom and dad can play it with him at the same time. He's already learned how to cheat, you know, when the spinner lands on the bucket spilling all the cherries, he tried to move it really quickly to another space....I don't know how they learn things like that so quickly! It just shows me that our sin nature truly is something we are born with! No one has to teach you how to be a sinner! It is just something that comes along with human nature, young young human nature!!

But we did have this funny conversation yesterday during our daily game of Hi-Ho-Cherri-o...

J: I have fums (thumbs), that's how I can pick up this cherry.

A: yep! You do have thumbs!

J: The dogs don't have fums.

A: You're right. They don't. Who told you that?

J: Daddy. They don't have fums, that's why they can't play Hi-Ho-Cherri-o with us.



Judah is doing better at the gym. It was a little touch and go to begin with. He's never been to daycare or anything like that before, only Sunday School. So I think that this is good for him. He's interacting with different kids every day, and learning to cope with that. At first, after the initial intrigue wore off, he was a little hesitant to go, but now we've gotten over that hump. He is genuinely excited to go. The ladies that work in the kid care area are really great, and I know that helps him to feel more comfortable in there too. I'm soooo glad, I'm not sure what we would've done if he really didn't like going there. He would've gotten over it eventually, I suppose!

Today is my first weigh-in. I'll be posting the results on my other blog, in case you're interested. I've been journaling a little bit there about how all of this is going. I'll try not to neglect this blog, though, in the process!

So, just because, some new pictures!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby is adroable! Gracie really does have a blonde twin!

Anonymous said...

I remember you guys playing Hi-Ho Cherry-O. I don't remember if I liked it or not. Thanks for the cute photo of your guys.