Tuesday, January 08, 2008

An unexpected family day...

Brent didn't work today. Lots of rain + not alot of work = Brent staying home....it's been a little harder that this had to happen right around and after Christmas, so we're trying to make the best of it, and have some good family time on the days when Brent's home.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am NOT a morning person...in fact, if you go through all the posts on this blog, probably 98% of them were made after 10 pm. There's a reason for that. My brain doesn't work in the morning. Some people can make do. I'm not one of those people. And anyone who knows Brent well, knows that he is sooooo a morning person.

So when I got up this morning and saw Brent chipperly (I know it's not a word, but you all know what I mean) sitting on the couch, I knew it wouldn't be pretty. Brent force-fed me breakfast and coffee, and threw Judah and I into the car! Before I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, we had made it to the bank, the Library (which was closed....because it was EARLY), the veggie/fruit stand downtown, and the dairy! Wow.....just typing all that out exhausts me!! Then we headed back home for some lunch, and then back to the Library! Judah and I rarely make it out of the house before noon, only for play-dates at the park and church. Even grocery shopping gets to wait until after lunch, now that Judah doesn't do naps anymore...

I woke up about the time we got to the dairy....

In other news....I have hopefully found a new home for Jack! He's been with us for a month now. It's been fun, and he's a sweet boy, but I'm glad that he's going to get his new wonderful forever home soon!!! And Honey may be on her way to a new home through a rescue in Northern California! I know, crazy, huh? The NorCal Weimaraner rescue has been the most helpful rescue...which is frustrating...they have been more helpful than any Vizsla (which I'm pretty sure she is,mostly) rescues down here. Ugh. So now I'm looking for help to get her transported up there...

Anyway, here's hoping Brent gets back to work soon, and Judah and I can resume our schedule of sleeping in, watching toons, and being vegetables.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for more precious photos of Judah. He's so cute and groggy in the morning. Hmmm - who does he take after? Hmmm - and I think you take after me - Dad is the morning person at our house, as you know.