Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ow.

I'm sore. I'm tired. Someone call me the WAAAAAHHHHH-bulance.

Brent and I got a gym membership last week at Gold's Gym. It's time we kicked out flabby rears into gear. I've had 2 sessions with a personal trainer. It was good, but it hurts today. But that's good, right? If it doesn't hurt, it's not doing anything! I have started a blog to keep track of my exercise and weight loss. I'm planning on weighing in once a week, probably on a Friday. I'm not expecting huge weight loss, b/c I'm not going on a really strict diet. But I am limiting my fast food intake. I figure that anything I eat at home is going to be healthier than any fast food! So I'm trying to limit calories to 1600-1800, and eating at home. We had to cut something out of our budget to be able to afford a gym membership, and Fast Food seemed like the best thing to cut out! HAHA!!! If you want to check the progress out, feel free to stop by.
http://lessofaliciamarie.blogspot.com/

It was a difficult decision for me to make this a publicly viewed blog, but I decided that if I really put myself out there, it might help me stay more accountable! So feel free to pester me if I miss a few days in a row. I have the time, I'm never super busy during the day with Judah, and they have childcare at the gym, so there really aren't any excuses!

In other news....Meet Lilah!


Honey and Jack both have found their new forever homes!! So what is this, you ask? Another foster dog? Or could this one be staying? What do you think?






We adopted Lilah this Sunday!!! She is so sweet. She is a little bit shy, just like Jager was when we first got him, but she is already coming out of her shell. She is still recovering from her spay on Thursday, so she's not really 100% yet. Jager can't wait until she starts to feel like herself again, b/c he really wants a play buddy! More stories of Lilah to come in the not too distant future!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Good for you! I have a hard time getting my butt out of bed to go down and use the treadmill so I know all about the excuses. I have a hard time with the food thing too. i like to eat. It's pop I need to get rid of though. I'm impressed with the blog. Very gutsy but I'm sure it will help with the accountability thing.
As soon as I saw that picture of the new dog I was ready to say, "Send her up to Idaho!" She looks like a great dog!

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh - Lila is so pretty (I couldn't say that about Jager 'cause he's a guy.) Oh no! More dog hair! I know you will make a great home for her....Re: the gym - You know we'll be praying for you and Brent to stick with it. I, of all people know how hard it is. My favorite expression is "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". But it's so hard to keep that focus 24/7. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

(Tried to put this on your "less of aliciamarie" blog, but it doesn't allow anonymous comments.)..You know your feet will thank you when you relieve them of a few lbs. I know that's part of my plantar faciatis too. So hang in there. Do you wear your crocs much? They have really helped my foot feel better.