Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Guiness is home.

I know you all think that I am a crazy dog lady, and well, you're right. I am. And I love it. Sunday afternoon we drove to Frazier Park, a little north of LA, and met Guiness' new mommie. Her name is Mary, and she lives in Sacramento with her other 2 dogs, Bruno and Vinnie, and her 3 cats, Blue, Maggie, and Mooly, and oh yes, her husband, Ryan. She is scientist for a auto immune research company during the week, and a dog trainer on the weekends. They don't have any kids yet, just plenty of animals. In keeping with the Italian Maffia themed dogs names, Guiness' new name is Gino.


I was sad to see him go, but so incredible happy that I found him the best home possible. Mary is a wealth of knowledge on training, dog health, and behavior. She has already started him on the same raw diet the other doggies eat, and he is doing well with all the transitions. The one thing that suprised me was how hard Judah took it all. When Mary put Guiness in her car to leave, he just started crying, asking where he was going, and bawling that he didn't want Guiness to go. That just made me start crying too. But we re-explained the whole situation, and he calmed down relatively quickly. He had gotten really attatched. Here are some pictures from the meetup, and then of him in his new home.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they are so cute they make me miss my doggie! Raw diet for dogs??? I have K on Raw Dairy now and it has been amazing! The enzymes are literally healing her tummy and she can have some other foods now she used to react to. :)

Kelly said...

Are you going to be like the crazy cat lady who has 247 cats and never leaves her house? But instead of cats you'll have 56 dogs? :)