Thursday, November 27, 2008

stuffing it all in....

to one post. Knitting stuff, that is. This isn't a knitting blog, but knitting, crocheting, spinning....it's all a part of me, so I'm going to do something my mom taught me. Stuff it all in to one place. That's what she used to do with My brother's new clothes at Christmas. I still remember the sighs Nick used to let out when he'd open that one giant overstuffed box of sweat suits, pajamas, pants, t-shirts, sweatshirts, socks and underwear. But mom knew that she'd only have to hear that sigh one time....if all the clothing related presents were in one box.

So here it is----what have been keeping my hands busy, and my brain working.

Some new yarn I dyed


some new yarn I spun


This spindle


And this fiber


became this yarn


Fiber I dyed


Felted Bags



More Handspun yarn


Emily's birthday purse (I almost kept it)



Now, at this point if you're thinking, "Crap, there's MORE????" the answer is yes. Feel free to take a potty break, get a new cup of coffee, grab a turkey leg, and sift through some more. Or go look at some of my favorite photos. Not mine. Not of yarn.

Some sewing and embroidery





Another bag


slippers for ME!!



A funky crocheted scarf




And pretty much everything else I'm working on is SUPER SECRET!!!! (aka Christmas goodies)

Alright. I got that out of my system. Starting after I've stuffed myself sufficiently with Turkey and mashed potatoes, I'll post something non-fibery.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you need to start selling your yarn on Etsy! Beautiful work!!!

Acorn to Oak said...

Oooooohhhh! Soooo many pretty things! You've been busy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lish. You never cease to amaze me. I know you put those "mom" comments in there just for me. It's fun to know the stuff that stuck from growing up in our home. You made me laugh - I don't think I ever stuffed that much into one box, but my memory could be letting me down here.

Your dye-ing, spinning and knitting are really amazing. I love ALL the color combinations. There are going to be lots of ooo's and ahhh's at house later this month. Love you all - hugs to Ju-Ju.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so creative! that yarn you make is amazing! I LOVE Emily's purse!