Sunday, December 07, 2008

Is it just me,

or has the Christmas shopping frenzie started WAY TOO EARLY?!?!?!? I can't go anywhere! The traffic is always horrid, and people are MEAN! I haven't even done any shopping for actual presents yet, but I feel like this started earlier than normal!

In fact, I'm trying really hard to not buy Christmas gifts this year. I think I'll have to, in one situation or another, but I'm really enjoying this non-materialistic year. Now, those of you that usually get a Christmas gift from me, worry not. All gifts are being MADE this year! yay! Now you get a personal touch, and the thought, that every time you wear/use/whatever the gift you will be getting from me, I have touched EVERY SINGE INCH OF THAT YARN! Maybe that doesn't really mean that much to you, maybe you'd rather have a Gift Card to Starbucks, maybe that creeps you out a little bit! ;-) But it means alot to me. It means I'm not forced to participate in the madness of the mall in December, and I don't have to get pissed at someone else that grabbed that last fondue pot off the shelf. Now, I did have to buy the yarn. Or the fiber to make the yarn. But not all of it. Some of it I recieved in a trade or a swap! Some of it is international yarn!! WOOT!

Now, all of this does depend on if I can reach my deadlines.....I really truly hope that none of you have to open up a box full of yarn, needles, and a picture of what you were supposed to get.....I'm going to try to not make that happen.

Now for something completely different.....


can you see the glee???


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lish,

I'm right with you on the non-materialistic front, except that I'm not creative enough to manufacture my own gifts, so I will give in to the madness as soon as I get to Boise, like usual. Hmmm, maybe I could make websites for Christmas gifts...nah, I don't think that would fly :-)

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Don't you need to get Jude something?

Anonymous said...

Yes!! - I totally agree with you, Lish. Right now I'm feeling a bit whelmed over because of all the hype. I feel so unprepared right now that I feel like I'm going to be out there shopping with Nick when he gets here on the 21st. Dad has offered to help, but almost every evening is full this week and waiting until next week freaks me out. I'm so thankful you're able to use your new talents to take care of most of your gifts this year. We will all LOVE them....and MISS you all. Love you!! oooxxxooo

Anonymous said...

Heather and I have been joking about the SNL skit where they were marooned on the island and how they each made gifts for each other. That's about how we feel about our abilities to hand make something to send to you when we know how beautiful your gifts are going to be. We won't be "smelting" metal to make a camera lens for you, that's for sure!

Cheryl said...

I heard you're getting a spinning wheel. How exciting! Don't be a stranger...I'd love to get together and spin. That would be fun!

Merry Christmas! I hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

You get us addicted to your blog and then leave us high and dry. How do you expect a grandma to survive? Miss reading your funny and interesting stuff.