Saturday, May 17, 2008

25

I officially hit the 25 pound weight loss mark yesterday. It's good to hit a goal, even if it is a small one. This comes at the same time that Brent passed the 106 pound mark....it's hard to not continually compare myself to him, and I know that we are doing it at our own paces...I've also been really slacking in going to the gym lately. But I've been twice already this week, and plan on trying to hit the rest of the days also. It's time I kick this into high gear.


I also sold my very first item through ETSY two days ago! It was just one of the little "Horton Hears a Who" clovers for $5, but it feels good to know that someone out there found my store, and decided to buy something. I have someone interested in one of my beret hats, but they haven't ordered one yet. I've sold 2 purses, but not through ETSY, one through Google checkout, and one with a money order, both to people that I know outside of ETSY, so that is progress too. It's hard, b/c I know that we aren't the only ones going through a financial crunch right now, in all actuality, probably the majority or families are going through this as well. I figured, since I can't really go out and get a job, whatever I can do to help with our families finances I should do. Also, since I have become what Brent likes to call a "yarn snob" I need to make a little extra cash to support my habit.


I've had this uncontrollable urge for In-n-Out lately...it's extra bad since they built one about a half a mile from our house....


Our family played animal rescuers yesterday. Brent is working in Orange County this week, on a busy street corner or a new shopping center. Yesterday, 2 baby bunnies ran right by his backhoe into a big pile of 2x4's. He hopped off his backhoe and found them, both of them, and decided to put them in a box and bring them home. (Please, someone else agree with me that this is *SO* unlike Brent) After he got home, we put them into Moose's cat carrier with lots of blankets, water and some greens. I found a wildlife rehab place online, and called them to see what was the best thing to do. She recommended we set them free in a thick bushy area. We knew exactly where we needed to go. One of the parks we tried to go to once is completely overrun with wild bunnies, so much so, that we never go there b/c of the bunny poo. HA! so we decided there was no better place to set those babies free than there. Judah even named one of them "Dan" and he was a little sad to have to let them go. But when I mentioned that we were animal rescuers, like Diego, he was way into it.

***okay, this post has been sitting here for 4 or so days, waiting for pictures, and I'm too tired to dig them up, so I'm just posting it!

I sold a hat on Etsy. I really hope this starts to pick up, then I can have an excuse to be knitting all the time.

Judah is sick....again....why couldn't it just be a cold this time? I would give anything for his to just have a stuffy nose and a cough etc. But it's this horrid stomach flu again, and I'm already so tired to cleaning up throw-up...I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, Judah kept asking for drinks of water in the middle of the night, and eventually just got up by 6:30. Pray for him to feel better, and pray for Brent and I that we don't get it this time too. I can't go through this again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The 25 lb. mark is no "small goal"! Give yourself a big pat on the back, that's AWESOME! I'm really proud of you, and I wish I could get my butt in gear and do the same. Keep up the excellent work!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

I agree ... 25lbs is AWESOME!! Just keep reminding yourself you did that and you can keep going!

Great news about your Etsy shop. I know it's so hard to sit and wait and hope people find your stuff and like it ... and there is so much great talent out there ... but I hear it just takes awhile and to be patient. Plus every time you list something new, it shows up closer to the top of people's searches and shows in the recent items which is often how people find you.

Praying Judah is better FAST and that you and Brent don't get this. I'm so sorry ... I know Ethan being sick is the worst and hard on me and add to that no sleep ... it's not a pretty picture.

Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lish - I'm baaack. Ron and Chris left this morning and I had no more excuses for not getting back to work. Piles were waiting for me when I got here....YEAH for you! I keep saying I wish I had lost what you have, but I'm at 20 lbs since Christmas, so not far behind. Let's just keep going. I'm going pretty slow too, but it's progress and we're not gaining it back - the big challenge...Praying for Ju-Ju - give him a hug from gma. Only 5 weeks and 4 days til we're with you - I'm so excited! I'm also excited about coming in September and DISNEYLAND!