Monday, February 11, 2008

the beach!!!!!!

We're back baby! Back at the beach! It has been amazingly H-O-T here lately. And there was a Golden meetup at the DelMar Dog Beach yesterday, so I made the whole family accompany me! It felt great to be back at the beach, although I was nervous most of the time we were there, the reasons for my anxiety are twofold:

1. I decided to take my new camera with us. I was really nervous I would drop it in
the surf, or the sand, or get shaken on by 57 wet stinky golden retrievers. I actually managed to get some decent pictures, though.

2. It was Lilah's first trip to the beach, and first real off-leash experience in such a large non-fenced in area. I felt like I needed to watch her like a hawk, her recall is not-so-good yet. We have alot to work on. But Jager was amazing with her, showing her the ropes, and helping me go round her up when she would get too far away from us.

Anyway, we had a great Sunday afternoon. Judah was in heaven, there was sand, water and rocks. What more could a 3 year old ask for?!?!?















4 comments:

Unknown said...

a) You should have a neck strap for your camera. You should ALWAYS use it. Then you won't be afraid of dropping it.

b) very cute picture of you and brent at the end. I hope to see more pictures of you on your blog :)

c) I love you!

Anonymous said...

wow- that looks really nice right now as I spent 20 minutes scraping my frozen car this morning and I'm sitting in front of my space heater trying to keep warm.

Kelly said...

So completely filled with jealousy as I am freezing cold right now!
Super cute picture of you & Brent! Your hair looks really cute!

Anonymous said...

Sigh...the sunset photo took me there. Judah and the dogs looked like they were having a blast. Ah...the percs of SoCal. Yes, you two are super cute too. Love you.