Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's a Charlie Brown Christmas

I'm sad. Not super sad, but fairly sad. And all over a stupid tree. In my family, we take pride in our Christmas trees. We take pride that they are always "real", we take pride in our decade old ornaments, we take pride in our beautiful tree toppers. There is something very sacred about the Philbrook Christmas trees. And this year I have let the family down. There were many factors to our downfall. We are so excited to be driving to Idaho for over a week over Christmas. But leaving a large, drying bundle of kindling in our apartment with a kitten for a week doesn't really sound like a great idea to us! and the thought of de-decorating a tree before Christmas (before we leave) makes me really sad! So it has come to this...our Chrlie Brown Christmas tree. It is the tree that Brent bought for last years youth group Christmas party. Earlier this month I thought, "What a cute little tree to put in Judah's room, so he can have his own little Christmas tree of his very own!" Now it has become THE tree. The ONLY tree....so sad... Since I cannot bring myself to buy a larger fake one, this is it. But we had fun putting it up, and Judah got to help me put up all the ornaments, and, I must admit, it turned out cuter than I thought it would. The only thing that really cracks me up is that I only have one tree topper, and I LOVE it! I got it after Christmas the first year we were married at Cost Plus, and it is made to go on at least a 6 foot tree...so it is now gracing the top of our elegant little Charlie Brown tree...and to prove it is all true...the picture!



The temerature here has been out of control. Last week, it was frosting over in the morning, getting really chilly at night, and during the day, definitely jeans and sweater weather. Judah even got to wear his footy jammies to bed all last week! He was so excited to be wearing his footy jammies, I had to snap some pics!

well, the rest of the story is, this week, it got up into the 80's! Back to t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops. Don't get me wrong, not trying to complain, just wish CA would make up it's mind on weather! I'm sure we'll get our dose of COLD while in Idaho. I guess that means I have to dig out some winter coats, mittens and snow hats!


Looking through the tube at Daddy
Lookin' at Mommy
Counting 3 of.. .. .. something

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the tree. Hopefully your parents will have a great one for you to enjoy while you visit. Can't wait to see you! I will give you my announcement then.

Kelly said...

Oh don't be sad! You can't be sad at Christmas! Just think of the fabulous tree your parents will have waiting for you. Come see our tree while you're here and you'll feel better. :)
Cute pictures of Judah! He is so stinking cute!

Anonymous said...

Kid's going to be an actor or a model the way he's learning in front of a camera!

And yes, I miss setting up the tree at our house too...I don't think you should be sad, since you're leaving the apartment for Christmas, so it's not an "official" tree. Or something like that.