Monday, December 18, 2006

24 long hours...

Well, it was inevitable. The flu hit our home, and hard! Judah and I were out of commission for a full 24 hours this weekend. It all started at 3:30 Saturday morning when Judah woke up and threw up. Then I got sick too. By the time Brent got home at noon on Saturday, Judah and I were both pretty miserable. I just thank God that this happened on a weekend when Brent could afford to stay home and take care of us. And he did! He was amazing! It is so hard to take care of a sick little man, especially when you yourself are feeling fairly rotten. And I have had to do that alot before, but I haven't had the flu like this in a long time. Brent made me take a nyquil around 8 Sat. night, and I was OUT! And just as quickly as it started, it was gone. By Sunday afternoon we both felt a ton better, and were able to keep down dinner that night. I wouldn't ever think I would be thankful for the flu, but I am thankful for so many things!
1. that it only lasted 24 hours
2. that it wasn't over Christmas
3. that it wasn't while we were stuck in the car for 15 hours
4. that I have a wonderful husband who doesn't mind cleaning up puke
5. nyquil and dayquil :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ew, yuck!
Glad you're feeling better. We all had the major nasty flu during Garrett's first Christmas. Nobody should have to be sick at Christmas