Monday, August 28, 2006

My Deodorant Dilema

Who of us doesn't list The Princess Bride as one of our all time favorite movies? Well, I was thinking about it this morning, and one scene in particular. Do you remember the "iocane powder" scene, I know you do. "What you do not smell is called iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadlier poisons known to man." but then later, Wesley reaveals to Princess Buttercup that, "They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder." Well, something odd has happened. I think that my body has built up an immunity to my deodorant. seriously. has this happened to any of you? I have been using the same deodorant for at least 5-6 years, Degree for women (various scents). And the past week or so, I have been noticing it is NOT WORKING. Suddenly I am finding myself offensive. what in the world?!?!?! So all I can think is that I should just switch to another brand. will that help? or am I beyond help? don't answer that :) !

So other than that, not much is going on. Monday is our day to relax, decompress, and most of all, do nothing. so i tried my best to figure out how to put a slideshow on the side of my blog, and thanks to Kelly :) I did it! hope you all enjoy. I will try to change it often, and it will probably highlight Judah, of course. the one that is playing right now is a series of pictures I took a few months ago. They are some of my favorite pictures, and really give you all an idea of how silly our little guy really is.

Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the slideshow! I will have to admit that I have not had an immunity to any deodarants. I like Dove and it is nice, you could give it a try!

alicia marie said...

thanks megan. I WILL!!!

Kelly said...

Ha! I had the same problem with Degree a long time ago. I have been a devoted Dove user for several years now. :)
Good job on the slide and on adding the links to blogs! It was good to talk to you today!

Anonymous said...

I heard a while ago that you're supposed to change your deoderant, bath soap, shampoo and conditioner every few months because your body "gets used to it." I've always done this anyway so I can't be of any help with your dilema. Good luck! I like the Adidas deoderant.

alicia marie said...

ok so I found an intersting answer. check out this link. copy and paste into your address bar.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20051118.html

hmmmm....