Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hiking

On Saturday, the weather was cool and overcast, but didn't feel like rain, so off we headed to the mountains to find a new trailhead to some waterfalls. Well, 50 bazillion wrong turns later (forest service website directions were waaaayyyy off) we found ourselves here!

We had read that it was a pleasant 35 minute hike to the falls, so after about 45 minutes of the trail, and no falls, we decided to stop here and eat some lunch!


Jager ate what we dropped, and then took a little dip in the creek.




Jager says, life is rough...off leash hiking and swimming in creeks, I am used and abused...


Time to head back...maybe we'll find the "falls" another day.



Judah was a really great hiker! He kept up most of the way, riding on Daddy's shoulders only part of the way back. I think we are going back this weekend to find the actual falls. (and maybe I'll call the forest service and get the real directions this time!)

More pics from the hike!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have waterfalls??????? I had no idea! Can't wait to see the pics!

Kelly said...

It looks a little like Idaho trails. A little.
I can't believe Judah walked all that way. I don't know if Garrett could've done it.
I hope you find the falls!

Sage said...

It reminds me of Idaho too :)