Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What??!? It's only been a year! Seriously, in a real lifetime perspective, that's nothing! OK, I need this outlet, I want to write, I want to remember things that happen when my brain feels like letting the supposed unforgettable moments of my life slip through the cracks.

Judah started first grade today. All day--eating lunch in the cafeteria--sitting at his own desk--first grade. I'm a little overwhelmed! But him? He's doing great. Loved every single second of his new adventure. I'm not sure I expected anything different out of him, he's so much like Brent in new or unfamiliar situations. He is a rock, unmovable, unshakable, and takes everything with a grain of salt. He is my little champ, and I love that about him.

The summer of 2010 brought alot of activity to our schedule. Jude and I spent 2 weeks in Idaho with family and friends. We got 10 days of a wonderful visit with my sister and her fam. We had such a blast having a full house while they were here. We high-tailed it to the beach a dozen or so times, and went swimming at friends pools more often than that. Judah turned into a little brown bean, despite my sunscreen efforts. Brent put in hundreds of hours at work, thank you LORD, and hoofed around the Zoo and Wild Animal Park with us as often as we could. We planted a container garden in early May, and are now enjoying more zucchinis and tomatoes than we know what to do with. Brent and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary with a dinner cruise on the SanDiego harbor, and tried to squeeze in as many other date nights as possible. Judah and I attended an alpaca shearing and brought home 2 fleeces. I crafted as often as I could squeeze it in, knitting here, dyeing there, and spinning when it was cool enough that the wool wouldn't stick to my fingers. I've been a real slacker as a photographer..it's all part of the shame. No good pictures = nothing for me to blog about. We've had a few days of down time, but we found them rather boring in general. So I'm fairly content to settle into a nice little schedule of school days.


Playing drums with Dad


My little ham


Wool roving all the colors of the rainbow


Judah with a baby alpaca





a knitted set of monsters for my friend Billie's baby boy


Our little garden around July...I think.


One of my dad's bird houses. They are fabulous!


A scarf I knit out of my own handspun yarn
for Judah's Kindergarten teacher


First day of First Grade!!


Our anniversary date

9 comments:

Grandma Marsha said...

Even if no one else loves this, I do. But I know other will too. Hope you can keep it up. Is this what you did to fill your day instead of housework?

Mom said...

I recognize the scarf pattern - it's just like mine that you made for me for Christmas, right?

alicia marie said...

Good eye, mom! it is the same pattern! It's my favorite scarf pattern for handspun yarn, it really shows off the texture and colors of the yarn!

alicia marie said...

and p.s. mom, that was a mother's day scarf!

Stormy said...

Man I miss you guys so much... Well at least when I read this I feel like part of your life. Thanks! Keep them comin...lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Nice Blog www.emotionaleating.com www.merrimacmarketingcom

Unknown said...

Nice Blog www.masterhypnosistraining.com
www.thevisionaryleader.com

fifa-coin said...

Your own 6th unit kind in the event you participate in since the free scallywags seashore critters faction can be a hermit crab which converts in a mortar brother.The opposite faction-specific models have different expertise, but none of them which come close to creating this feel as if the pay-to-win scenario.Video games regarding Outwitters can be won some loot in a short time or perhaps take a large number of transforms to get rid of.We have misplaced games within close to five to six spins along with was able to get video games soon after greater than 30.One of the things I favor many about Outwitters is there are so many diverse methods you can employ in each complement, even though you participate in them all about the same guide.
Fifa 15 coins PS

Fifa 15 coins XBOX